Saturday, April 30, 2011

RePost from The Scrappy Housewife

100 Scraps in 100 Days Challenge

I have a confession to make. My name is Christina aka The Scrappy Housewife and I am a Scrapbook Supplies Hoarder. If you've been here since January, you probably remember my Office Decrapification. During that clean up I showed you this little area here:

All of what you see there is scrapbook supplies. See the smaller white containers on the bottom left and mid-right? That's paper. Scrapbook paper. There's more on top of the mid-right bin and middle set of drawers. And I just bought two new stacks two days ago. Yes, really. Wanna know the sad part of all this? I don't scrapbook. 

Well, that's not entirely true. I do scrapbook. I have lots of pictures organized and ready to go in archival bins, labeled, cataloged, scanned, etc, etc. Heck I even have scrapbooks started. You can kinda see my scrapbook shelf on the bookcase in the top right. I do scrapbook. I am a scrapbooker. I. Just. Never. Do.

So here's the deal. I need help. Accountability. A good kick in the pants to finally get a few of these projects done. I am The "Scrappy" Housewife for heaven's sake. I need you.

For those of you who aren't aware, May is National Scrapbooking Month. So I'm issuing the start of a challenge. One scrapbook page a day for 100 days. Oh yes. I could've just done the month, but that would be dare I say, beneath us? We can do 100 pages. How long does one page a day take? 

Don't worry though. I know many of you are probably not scrappers (well, you're -my- scrappers - sounds better than followers, eh? Thanks Jeneane!), and I don't want to spam your feeds with a bunch of stuff you aren't overly interested in. So I created a sister blog. The Scrappy Housewife Scrapbooking Challenge. You can find a link to it at the 100 Scraps in 100 Days tab at the top of The Scrappy Housewife page. 

I really hope you'll join me, if for nothing but to cheer me on as I try to stop spending on scrap stuff and start -using- what I already have (thousands of sheets, people, thousands)! My husband will thank you. My wallet will thank you. My office full of scrap stuff will thank you. 

1 comment: